Browsing articles online today, I found a feature written by Glamour.com writer Erin Meanley titled “31 things I wish I’d known about dating when I was 21”. Meanley is a “dating blogger” and though I don’t necessarily agree with some of the things posted, I definitely found them amusing.
I pulled a few for your reading pleasure…
Take a look and give me your opinions. I’m especially looking forward to hearing from Mamachell & PsykeMike 🙂
24 Things I Kinda Already Knew…
1. Sometimes guys flirt with you or pay attention to you because it makes them feel good about themselves. (Hey, we do it, too.)
2. Guys want to get busy more than anything. They’ll say anything to close the deal.
3. It’s shocking how much guys will talk about marriage. Until there’s a ring on your finger, it will be better for you if you pretend you’re deaf.
4. It’s better not to lift a finger in the beginning.
5. In the early stages, giving him presents is too much. Generosity looks desperate to guys. You may be a great shopper and gift-wrapper; it may be his birthday and you may be wild about birthdays — even still, he’ll think you’re just wild about him. Too wild.
6. Guys just do not think like girls. I wish I’d had a brother. Real boys are nothing like the boys in movies.
7. They might take a decade to mature. Don’t hope they’ll grow up or be ready in the next six months.
8. Learn to cook. Learn to cook well. I see now that it would have won me a lot of points. A LOT.
9. Just because he might be smarter than you or more talented at certain things doesn’t mean he’s your servant and won’t mind doing all your homework/research/chores.
10. Guys get resentful, too.
11. You’re special, unique, and important, but you’re not a princess — no matter what Daddy says.
12. It’s okay to say no. It’s more than okay. It’s always okay. If he stops calling (and many, many, many will), you’re only weeding out the guys who aren’t truly interested in you as a person. Time saved!
13. Playing it safe guarantees you’ll have more time and energy to think about your grades or your work. Less drama in your life will always be better and healthier for you.
14. You deserve to be treated like a human being.
15. Your wants and needs are just as important as his, and if you don’t express them because you think it will scare him away, then you’re saying you don’t count as much as he does.
16. You can’t force chemistry. If you like him as a friend, the attraction might grow, but if it doesn’t, don’t force it. And don’t waste his time.
17. Ease up on the sauce. Alcohol clouds your judgment.
18. No boyfriend-girlfriend relationship starts with a 1 a.m. booty text.
19. When a guy has taken you to Applebee’s five times and you say you want to treat him, he’ll be psyched. But secretly he’ll freak out if you take him to Ruth’s Chris, even just the one teeny time. Don’t try to match him one Ruth’s Chris for five Applebee’s. Take him out, but go to T.G.I. Friday’s.
20. My mom always said, “Men don’t think.” I thought she meant, “They are mistaken in their thoughts.” But they’re just not thinking anything at all. About you. They’re watching the game. That’s why they haven’t called.
21. Never underestimate the quality of “interesting.” Men want someone interesting. They really do. Find some hobbies.
22. What are you hoping to gain by hooking up with this guy? If the answer is “him,” that’s a bad deal for you. “The woman gives herself, the man adds to himself by taking her” (de Beauvoir 659).
23. Expectations? They’ll ruin every dating experience you have.
24. You will never understand men. Just try to understand yourself.
My personal favourite is # 24…and all I have to say is AMEN!!
See full article here ——> http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/article.aspx?cp-documentid=23779082>1=32023
And check out more from Erin at http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/single-ish/